- Stiff shoulders - stiff neck.
- Headache related to the stiff shoulders and neck
- Upper back (shoulder areas) cold to touch
- Generalised stiffness, especially in the mornings. My elbow frequently gets out of my duvet when I sleep and that is the joint that takes the brunt of the cold.
- Generalised tiredness from all those stiffness
- Symptoms not improved by the usual medications/massage that help with stiffness
Monday, October 19, 2009
Signs that you are not keeping warm enough?
When winter comes, keeping warm is a decision - do you want to spend that money to keep warm?
Like many people, we try not to turn on the heating until November. Turning on the heating "on demand" would result in sky high bills. I have been putting on layers since the beginning of October, and going to bed early, before I really feel the chill.
Perhaps that is a bad idea. I am now beginning to recognise the symptoms of not keeping warm enough. These are so similar to my fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritris symptoms, that to be honest, it is difficult to distinguish.
These are the signs that I have not been keeping warm enough, I think:
Keeping the whole room warm is really too expensive for us. I suspect that the "economical" storage heaters that we have in our old, rented flats that not that economical after all. Perhaps I should find a cheaper way to keep warm...