Friday, January 27, 2006

That feeling of shame

That feeling of shame…..

What should I call it? Shame? I cannot find another word.

Are you familiar with the feeling that you wish you were a tortoise and you can just duck your head back into your shell when you see your thesis supervisor? Yeah.. it is that feeling. Feeling of letting them down again by your lack of progress? Many people that I know with avoid their thesis committee or supervisor at all cost, because of this. Whatever you reasons (for me it is usually my arthirtis, again), you will probabaly hate to retell it again and again. But this is not what we are supposed to be doing!

A friend of mine who is an asst professor told me that this is the type of students that cause the supervisors the most agony and they will really curse you! Ouch. Ouch. Ouch!! I shall try by best not to be one, despite all the stress.

No comments: