Wednesday, February 21, 2007

sick leave

Sick leaves make you unpopular.

Do we have to prove that? Despite the fact that I replace my all my "sick leave"-made possible by the fact that I only work part-time, I can sense the unhappiness in my boss's reaction. Sigh.. but what do you do when you come down with a flu or a strep throat like everyone else?

The other guys may just brave it all and stay in the office-productive or not, but for me... these are enough to make me lie on my bed, with my RA and fibro joining the party.

That is a depressing development. A few months into a new job, and I thought I am doing pretty well, and now I can see the fact that I take sick leave nearly every month (even though I replace them), people still find a way to talk. I am compared to the person with a visibly broken finger- with plaster and stuff to fix it, but what I have is invisible. The sheer fatigue and widespread aches brought on my something as common as a viral infection. The IBS joining the party etc etc. Here I am, being talked about. Sigh. Despite effectively having 0 sick leave because I always replaced them, that was still not good enough.

I just wish that I get better soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Jenny and I am part of an online community called CarePlace, for people experiencing similar health related issues and their caregivers, including Rheumatoid Arthritis. We have recently added new Rheumatoid Arthritis related communities to the site.
As your blog relates to what we are doing at CarePlace, I was wondering if you might be willing to check out our site and let me know if you think it might be helpful to the people who communicate through and with you. People can join multiple communities, share experiences, check out info on medical conditions and treatments and form their own groups within the site.
We have gotten great feedback and as you know the more people in various communities the more outreach and support that happens. Our users have really liked it so far and we are adding new features all the time based on what everyone is telling us.
It’s really important to us to get feedback from people like you about the site as we develop features – the site is www.careplace.com. You can add me as a friend (jend) and let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance!
Jenny (jend)

Woman said...

Hi Jenny, sure, will visit your site soon:)