A) Bad Day Blueberry Cake recipe- when you could still do while you have little energy, with almost guaranteed achievement
B) Good Day Blueberry Cake recipe. Need a bit more work, but you could always cheap by getting an electric mixer.
Bad Day Blueberry Cake recipeIngredients
- A pack of cake mix (plain or victoria)- these can be bought at supermarkets. From my experience, the more "basic the recipe", the better it is.
- Blueberries- Exact amount depends on how much batter you get from the cake mix. I go by volume- add up 1/3 by volume.
- Eggs, water, and sometimes cooking oil.
- Follow directions on the cake mix batter
- Add in blueberries
- Bake according to instructions on cake mix batter.
Good Day Blueberry Cake recipe
- 2 Eggs, seperated
- 1 c Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c Shortening (I used 1/4 cup butter and topped up with vege oil. Works!)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 c sifted Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 c Milk
- 1 1/2 c Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, add about 1/4 cup of sugar to keep them stiff.
- Cream shortening, adding salt and vanilla.
- Add remaining sugar to this gradually.
- Add unbeaten egg yolks and beat until it is light and creamy.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Fold in the blueberries (take a bit of the flour called for and gently shake the berries in it so they wont settle).
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Sprinkle top of the batter with some granulated sugar.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes.