Thursday, April 03, 2008

Alternative therapies-on BBC

BBC is running a series about alternative therapies, investigated by the very good looking Professor Kathy Sykes. You could view them at this link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

Just need to search "alternative therapies".

Last week was about reflexlogy. (This week was about meditation, but I have not viewed yet)

Although they found no solid "evidence" to show how reflexology could work and therefore could be useful, an investigator in the series from LA had said that people with fibromyalgia had been reported to benefit from massage.

"Benefit from it?" Yeah! I can vouch for that! Give me massage over NSAIDs anytime for my fibro! And mind you, I mean deep massage which tackles my trigger points. Not just gentle stroke for relaxation.

No comments: