Monday, March 20, 2006

Racing against time-first draft

I have 72 days more to go to my targeted submission. That sounds like many days and a lot of time, but it isn’t.

Firstly, there is something called waiting time. You got to wait while your supervisors find time to read your draft and give you the feedback. There is no use rushing them. If they rush through your paper, they often end up missing lots of impt issues that need to be clarified.

Then there is another thing called down time. For someone with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia/chronic myofascial pain, our ability to function well is as predictable as the British weather. Once down, it could really take some time to pick yourself up again. For me I just keep on repeating this fact “Research shows that RA patients with high score in Learned Helplessness Scale (what a name!) have poorer quality of life.” I tell myself before I sleep, when I am lying on bed, when I am miserable. I know that I have to remind myself not to go down that path.

And lastly, this is the most pleasurable past-time: wasting time. Activities include blogging and checking whether I had earned a few cents from someone clicking the ads on this page. I could do this so many times a day that I know I am on the borderline of neurosis. I know well that I had told no one of this blog, so there can’t be visitors apart from the random blog jumper.

No comments: