Thursday, February 21, 2008

Job offer- jeopardised

After happily telling me she will provide me a reference, and asked my future employer to approach her, she now emailed me the she cannot do so without jeopardizing my job. She asked me to tell her what to write and she "might consider" it. She "has a duty" to tell my future employer " the truth", and "telling the truth will jeopardize my job".

How mean can a person be? I did not need her reference for this job- and I made it explicit. If she was going to give me a reference which will "jeopardize my chance", why did she tell me she will be very happy to provide a reference?? ?

My stand is I will be happy for her to tell the truth, the whole truth, and not partial truth. No matter what her stand is, I am in no position to influence what she says about me in my reference. That is dodgy.

What will you do, if you are in my position? Give me advice!
I have an illness, but I am coping quite well, and I already make concessions about my jobs to make sure I get a job where I am more than able to cope. Most of the time- more than 95% of the time, I can happily work 8 hours a day, or even more! I am already going for easier, lower paid jobs.

No comments: