Friday, April 28, 2006

Pain is bringin in the depression

I have been unwell for the past few days. I woke up on Monday morning feeling warm and achy all over, worn out even before I crawled out of bed. I spent the who day doing nothing, except trying to rub the sore spots a little with Tiger Balm. Massage was not an option as the therapist does not work on Monday. After a long hot bath, I tried to sleep, but I felt so feverish. I woke up in the middle of the night in pain.

I tried to do what I usually do, massage all the tight, sore spots, and press on the acupoints which I knew always helped me the pain. But that night was different. I could not! I could not do anything as my hands and fingers were all sore as well. When you hand is sore, how do you massage the rest of your body? I just sat there, unsure what else to be done. The medicines had been taken, the balms all applied and gently rubbed on. What else could I do?

Somehow my husband woke up, and sleepily rubbed a few of the really sore areas. I fell back asleep, still in pain and feeling warm, but I guess I was just too tired.

No comments: