Sunday, January 28, 2007

Catching up with life-movies

I have been feeling tired yesterday and today. No, it is a tired is a good way, if you know what I mean.

I have been watching videos for a few hours at a stretch!

You see, life was at a stand still when i was struggling with my thesis and fibro/RA in the past 2 years. I did not have the energy to even do my work and carry on with the basic things in life-like cooking, getting some groceries etc. Reading and watching films are energy sapping activities, no matter how much you love or enjoy it. You cant do it without knowing that after 2 hours on it, you will have no more energy to do other things. 2 hours of play, followed by many more hours of recharge.

I was like a battery which spent more time recharging than being available for play.

Books were not so bad, because you could read for an 10 minutes or an hour-sleep for 1/2 hour if you are tired and then continue. Movies dont work that way. If you go into a cinema and feel sleepy after 30 minutes, you wasted a trip and come out feeling like you have fallen into a ditch. Even with DVDs or VCDs, having to pause 1/2 way to sleep means you can only watch it alone, and even if you do, you will not enjoy it.

That is how I accumulated so many things on my "wish list"-things to read and to watch.

Today, I am tired again, after that many hours of watching videos. :D

No comments: