Friday, January 12, 2007

Breaking the cycle....it is not insomnia.

I have been trying to SLEEP.

I have the time, I am tired-very tired, and all I want to do is SLEEP. But sleep had been elusive.

At 3 am in the morning, I am still wide awake. I try to do something "useful", like reading or surfing the net, with the hope that i would feel tired enough, and then sleep. Sure enough, but 4 am, I was dead tired, and slept. However, I woke up as early as 9 today, even when I dont have to work, and has nothing urgent or important to do.

When I read Doug Bower's Here I am in the Middle of the Night, Once Again, I wondered how many "normal" readers could see it as something more than "insomnia". Everyone would have some experiences of difficulty sleeping, at least a few times in their life-whether due to excitement of a wedding, or the distraught of losing a loved one, or just a period of time where stress is high. Insomniacs have more than just sleeping problem, and fibromites have more than insomnia. How many could see beyond that?

All I want is to try get a good sleep. Without it, my symptoms just escalates.. and escalates.

No comments: