Thursday, June 08, 2006

Butter vs. margarine: Which is better for my heart? - MayoClinic.com

Butter vs. margarine: Which is better for my heart?: "Butter vs. margarine: Which is better for my heart?"

I have been switching to using mainly butter, after reading up about transfat years ago in a chemistry lesson.

Ten years on, the debate is still ongoing. To me this is a stale debate, often fueled and lubricated by speakers and opinion leaders greased with "speaker's fees" and "research funding" of the manufacturers.

Unfortunately, being chronically inflammed people (CIP) {that is a new term I coined!!!} like us (RA, lupus, etc etc) are at higher risk of dropping dead from a heart attack and stroke, so we got to follow these debates.

Butter or margarine?

So, should I use margarine to spread on my bread and butter for high temperature cooking and baking?

I am sticking to my butter, but might use a margarine to do the spreading!

No comments: