Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Fog proof eating: Caramelised bananas!

There is so much talk in the FMS/CFS boards about bananas!

Here are some reasons why this fruit is a favourite:

  • Provide energy!
  • High potassium and magnesium content
  • Easy to chew (for those too painful to eat times)
  • Easily digested (when IBS join my FMS and RA party)
  • Many ways to eat, and all of them easy

I have been happily feeding myself bananas this week, and when I crave a sweet snack, I cook it! Cooking it makes it much sweeter, without adding the calories. These caramelised bananas taste yummy on pancakes/crepes, and when stored in the fridge, a nice cold dessert!

  1. Peel 1-2 bananas (those really ripe ones are the best!)
  2. Cut into ½ inch thick pieces
  3. Coat a non-stick pan with a thin layer of oil/butter (use a kitchen towel to wipe off extras)
  4. Dump bananas into the pan (use medium fire)
  5. *Turn bananas after 1-2 minutes, when you see brown coloured caramel coming out
  6. *Cook for further 1-2 minutes.
  7. Add a pinch of cinnamon powder, and a dash of vanilla essence (optional!

*sprinkle some water if pan gets too hot!

I am too lazy to wash pans, so I will just add some water and detergent to the pan when it is still hot, and leave it cooking for a while on the stove. By the time i finish eating my bananas, the pan just need a gentle wipe with a sponge, to remove anything that sticks there, and then rinse off!! I then dump everything into the oven (see Energy saving tricks- drying the dishes)!Technorati Tags:

;; ; ;

No comments: