There is so much talk in the FMS/CFS boards about bananas!
Here are some reasons why this fruit is a favourite:
- Provide energy!
- High potassium and magnesium content
- Easy to chew (for those too painful to eat times)
- Easily digested (when IBS join my FMS and RA party)
- Many ways to eat, and all of them easy
I have been happily feeding myself bananas this week, and when I crave a sweet snack, I cook it! Cooking it makes it much sweeter, without adding the calories. These caramelised bananas taste yummy on pancakes/crepes, and when stored in the fridge, a nice cold dessert!
- Peel 1-2 bananas (those really ripe ones are the best!)
- Cut into ½ inch thick pieces
- Coat a non-stick pan with a thin layer of oil/butter (use a kitchen towel to wipe off extras)
- Dump bananas into the pan (use medium fire)
- *Turn bananas after 1-2 minutes, when you see brown coloured caramel coming out
- *Cook for further 1-2 minutes.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder, and a dash of vanilla essence (optional!
*sprinkle some water if pan gets too hot!I am too lazy to wash pans, so I will just add some water and detergent to the pan when it is still hot, and leave it cooking for a while on the stove. By the time i finish eating my bananas, the pan just need a gentle wipe with a sponge, to remove anything that sticks there, and then rinse off!! I then dump everything into the oven (see Energy saving tricks- drying the dishes)!Technorati Tags: