Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Alexander Technique;4th and 5th lesson

I had my 4th and 5th Alexander Technique lesson two days apart, but did not have the chance to post the 4th lesson right after it, as I was busy hiding the blog away.

On my 4th lesson, I was coming down with a viral infection. Neck was all stiff, and head was aching badly. After all those releasing, I did feel better, and managed an afternoon of shopping(actually, it was bra-fitting)!!

My take home point of the 4th Alexander technique lesson?
Get a new BRA! And make sure that it is properly fitted!

(I write more about the bra fitting here.)

Since that lesson, I have been busy noticing my arm positions, and always adjusting my bras.

My 5th Alexander technique lesson?
It went smoothly. I had it before lunch. And I had the benefit of having it two days after the previous one.

The benefit?

There is not so much of "undoing" that need to be done today. Having the lesson more frequently means that I still "remember" what was taught, and I did not have that many mucles in the wrong position or too tense to start with!

It was a good, relaxing lesson, and the had headache/neckache I had due to my viral infection has lessened!

Related posts:
Make sure the Bra fits!
Alexander Technique-new hope for my fibromyalgia
Alexander technique- feeling benefits after one lesson?

Alexander Technique-second lesson

My limpy fibro progress-My 3rd Alexander Technique lesson



Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got so much out of the alexander technique.

I'm currently training to teach AT. There are two ME sufferer's also training with me at the school, both of whom find AT a great help and one of the few things that actually does help.

It's great that you were able to get those free lessons. Hope they continued to provide insights for you. :o)

Woman said...

Daithi,

Yes, I gained so much from my AT lessons, than I am totally grateful to my teacher. I was really lucky to get it free. Lessons would be unaffordable to some on like me, who at that time was not holding a job, and having spent so much on healthcare.

Good luck in your course, and I hope that you will be another great AT teacher :)