Friday, May 12, 2006

Today is May 12, Fibromyalgia Day: And I am taking on a challenge!

Happy Fibromyalgia Awareness Day!!!.. [ you can find out more info from National Fibromyalgia Foundation]

My husband had been conned to bring home some friends to our cramped room, to have a simple dinner tomorrow, not knowing what occasion it is actually for.

Well, it is to celebrate despite the fact that I have fibromyalgia, and so far, I am keeping the faith and the fight. My joints celebrated too, by being swollen this morning, and stiff-totally refusing to co-operate with attempts to “release” during my Alexandra Technique lessons.

I celebrate the day by doing the following:

* Shopping lots of food for the mini “party” tomorrow.

* Signing up as volunteer in a charity shop- will use 4 hours/week of my precious “energetic time” to do some good work.

* Going for my second lesson of Alexander Technique – will write the “progress report” later. I am dead tired now.

* Made some muffins!!! This is my second muffin making attempt (first one was a “cheat”- good old Betty Crocker blueberry muffins). I will share the simple recipe-because it only takes 20 minutes of our concentration and time to make- from measure to out of oven. It is a GOOD recipe in that sense.

* Washed the laundry-although it is still in the machine, waiting for me to find energy for it.

* Filed my mystery shopper report-ate dinner outside yesterday to avoid cooking.

Wow, what a day!

Ok, got to admit it was not all well.

* Knees painful, struggled to change into a pair of shorts before my AT lesson.

* Uncooperative muscles, just refusing to release during lesson!! And my joints “exploded” instead of just “crackling”, it gave the teacher a shock!

* Forgot to call my doctor to get a prescription, and it is a FRIDAY!!!! I hope that I am well enough for tomorrow’s party!

* My laundry still sitting in machine. I got clothes strewn all over the place.

* My knees still painful. My thighs better than yesterday, but still painful.

* Ops, forgot to post my free exercise access forms! I am desperate to get reduced/free gym or swimming pool entry! I better remember, or it will be forfeited.

* Foggy brains. Bought 2 super expensive peppers, cos I mistook the price/pepper for the price per kilo. There goes my veggie budget for 1 week! And I can’t even eat the peppers cos it triggers my RA!!!

It is just 6:15 pm now. I am getting fatigued (totally forgot about the laundry).

Gosh, I am slumping on the table now. I don’t think I have energy to cook dinner. I will just stuff my hubby with Chocolates and Bananas muffin later!

6:25 pm now. The fact that I took 10 minutes from that sentence to here, means, it is time to sleep. Tomorrow I got to cook!!!! I hope things goes well.

Cheerios! Happy Fibromyalgia Day!





Technorati Tags:

No comments: